If you are like most homeowners, you want a fresh feel to your house but are wary of beginning a large project. Luckily, there are many small repairs and updates that can still make a big difference. Here is a list of carpentry repairs and updates that can transform your house with little effort.
- Repair Trim. Trim is an important but often overlooked detail in every house. It is commonly damaged but easily repaired. Fixing damages to your trim can create a finished look in every room of your house.
- Add Crown Molding. This small addition can add value and style to your home. This detail can create a distinctive look in any room.
- Install Shiplap. Consider adding a shiplap wall behind your bathroom cabinets or as a focal point in your living room to add variety and interest. This quick carpentry project can add charm and appeal to any room in your house.
- Repair the Front Porch. Your front porch will be the first impression any visitor will have of your house. Repairing loose or broken boards, tightening loose nails, or even adding a new coat of paint can make your front porch look sturdy and clean. It will add to the appeal of your entire home.
- Repair or Replace Doors. A dented or broken door can make your house feel run-down. Repairing, repainting, or replacing doors can give your house a clean, fresh look. In addition, exchanging interior or exterior doors for French doors can allow more light in and give your house an airy, open feel.
- Repair and Reinforce the Deck. Your deck is the centerpiece of your backyard, a place where your friends and family can gather on a warm summer night. Repairing loose nails or broken boards can create a fresher look for your deck and backyard.
Improving these small details can make a big difference in any room. It can add value and change the way you feel about your home. At Prep-Rite Painting, we can give your home character and charm with any of these carpentry updates. Give us a call today and we will work with you to give your home the custom look you desire.